With its 19 points and 3 stars, the restaurant Hôtel de Ville. Franck Giovannini in Crissier is a high place of gastronomy in Switzerland with an international reputation. Some illustrious names of the kitchen followed one another like Benjamin Girardet & Frédy Girardet, Philippe Rochat and Benoît Violier. Thanks to their talent, their creativity and above all their hard work, they have managed to perpetuate the history of Crissier’s table to make it part of the culinary legend and thus become one of the best restaurants in the world. The Jura Chef, Franck Giovannini and his brigade perpetuate the values of this address and sign today a classic but inventive cuisine while taking care not to distort the tastes. Voted best chef of the year 2018 by Gault et Millau, he likes to highlight the noble products of the land with the selection of the best local products. It is with immense gourmet pleasure that we share today the exclusive recipe shared by Chef Franck Giovannini.
Recipe for 4 people:
Light cream of leek and potatoes seasoned with smoked Leman cheese
Cream of leek:
- Slice leeks and wash well.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- In a saucepan, heat a little olive oil and sweat the onion, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the leeks and sweat well.
- Moisten with the vegetable stock, add the potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cream, blend and pass through a fine sieve.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cook 10 mini leeks in salted water, cool well in ice water and cut into wedges.
- Thinly slice the two remaining leeks.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water with the skin on, then cut half of them into small cubes and the other half into slices.
- Cut the baguettes in half and toast them.
- Cut the fillet of féra into small cubes.
- Spread the baguettes with a little salted butter, add some diced féra and decorate with the sliced raw leeks.
- Season with a little pepper.
- Arrange the leeks, potatoes and the remaining diced féra in four bowls.
- Heat the oven for 3 minutes at 210°.
- Add the baguettes and pour the hot leek cream.
- Serve immediately.
Restaurant de l’Hôtel de Ville de Crissier
Rue d’Yverdon 1,